To our members
LPEA plays a vital role in powering our communities and ensuring the essential services you depend on continue without interruption. With the health and safety of our employees and members in mind, we continue to closely monitoring the ongoing situation with COVID-19 pandemic and are taking proper precautions to ensure our essential business operations are not compromised.
What we’re doing
For our members
- The LPEA Board of Directors approved a series of measures to support our members during the COVID-19 pandemic. These measures include the temporary suspension of disconnects for non-payment, a three-month delay of the scheduled rate increase, and an emergency allocation of $90,000 to bill pay assistance and emergency services. More details
- If you are having trouble paying your bill due to COVID-19, you can click here to apply for a bill credit of up to $100 per residential member or $200 per small commercial account.
Public facilities and meetings
- LPEA’s main lobbies in Durango and Pagosa Springs are closed to the public until further notice. Drive through options are available at each office, and our phones remain open Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. at (970) 247-5786. Emergency and automated services are available through that number 24/7.
- LPEA’s meeting facilities are closed to all public events. Existing events will be cancelled or postponed until further notice.
- Board meetings will be held remotely via video conference until further notice. Members will be able to participate virtually, and the meetings will be recorded for later viewing. Access details will be made available here.
- LPEA hosted an abbreviated, virtual Annual Meeting on Saturday May 16th at 10:30 a.m. solely for the purpose of electing and seating new directors. The remainder of the Annual Meeting was cancelled for 2020. We hope to resume the meeting in 2021.
- LPEA employees have cancelled all non-essential travel, are conducting meetings virtually, and are working from home when possible.
- We will not conduct in-home energy audits until further notice. Members can still call us for assistance at (970) 247-5786.
- Applications for new construction can be accessed here. Once complete, applications should be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. Questions on new construction and staking services should be directed to (970) 382-3555.
What you can do:
Skip the trip to our offices and pay your bill from home:
Receive your bill via email, make energy payments using a credit card, or pay from your checking account through the SmartHub App.
Have your bill automatically deducted from your checking account or your credit card. To sign up for electronic transfer, access your account online through SmartHub and go to Auto Pay Accounts. To access your account for the first time, you will need to register using your account number.
Call us. Our Pay by Phone automated system is available 24-hours per day. For more information on any of our payment options, please call us at (970) 247-5786
Stay informed: For more information on COVID-19, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment or Tri-County Health. These organizations will provide you with the most up-to-date and accurate information about the disease.
We will continue to monitor the situation and resume normal operations as soon as possible. Thank you for your understanding.